Comment on page
Welcome to SmartBackup User Guides. SmartBackup is the solution for individuals or organizations who want to use the Industry’s leading platform for securing their Smartsheet data. SmartBackup has been designed from the start for gradual adoption, and you can use as little or as much of SmartBackup as you need.
Watch the following introduction video to get a basic understanding of the solution, why it was created, and the types of issues that it can address. As a Smartsheet Power User, you most likely know that Smartsheet provides a convenient backup capability. However, the challenge comes when you want to recover from those backup copies and realize that features like automations, column settings, forms, cell formats, links etc. cannot be recovered because the copy you have is limited and outside the Smartsheet environment. With us, it's easy-peasy.
- 1.This short video provides a high-level overview of the issues that Smartsheet users can encounter.
- 2.Then it also explains how SmartBackup can be leveraged to address those data securing and backup needs.
- 3.Once you have this background information, it will make it easier to understand how to use SmartBackup to restore your data.
There are various reasons for having backups. In climbing, a backup can save your life, but with data, a backup can save your business.
- 1.More Smartsheet users means more people are sharing. People are not infallible. They make mistakes, and actually, they make them quite often. There’s no reason to fear this if you take frequent incremental backups.
- 2.The IRS and regulatory commissions really don’t care that you had a data disaster. All it means to them is that you’re not compliant and they can fine you. Ensuring that you’ve got an offsite backup of critical Smartsheet information can really save you if something goes wrong.
- 3.You are responsible for your Smartsheet data. In the event of a minor or even major mishap, having a backup means your operations can recover quickly.
- 4.As a Smartsheet Power user, you most likely know that Smartsheet provides a convenient backup capability, but the challenge comes when you want to recover from those backup copies and you realize that features like automations, column settings, forms, cell formats, links etc. cannot be recovered because the copy you have is limited and outside the Smartsheet environment. With SmartBackup, it's easy-peasy.
Let's take a look at some of the biggest threats to your Smartsheet data.
Now that you have an overview of SmartBackup and how it can be used to secure your Smartsheet data, the next step is to review the guides for restoring deleted data, or reverting to an earlier version of your Smartsheet data, using SmartBackup. Click the End User Restore Guide button below to start.